Saturday, June 20, 2009

End of Year Awesomeness

We officially have 2 days of school left. I don't know if anyone thought we were actually going to make it here, but we have, and it's wonderful, despite the fact that Philadelphia keeps kids in school 2 weeks or so past the point when grades are due, so its been a struggle to get kids to do anything in my room. We've been playing a lot of Apples to Apples, which I like to play off as educational, even though my Program Director says it's not.

What's making the end of this year even better for me is the number of kids I teach who scored advanced or proficient on their PSSAs! It just goes to show what they can do when they really buckle down and try. Even though these kids have driven me crazy, and probably will continue to drive me crazy on Monday when we have their moving up ceremony, I will miss them- after all, I think all teachers probably think back with a mix of fondness and horror on their first class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment