Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank Goodness for Veterans

Thank goodness we had today off. Yesterday I had an observation with my Teach For America advisor, and the class he saw was much worse than it usually is. Maybe because it was the last period before a day off, I don't know. Anyway, I've certainly been feeling a bit down about the fact that I got observed on one of my worst days- I would love to have someone see my class on a good day but it seems like people never come in on those days.

On the plus side, the students did seem to pull out the important parts of the lesson when they summarized the lesson on the exit slips I give after every class. There was one funny one though- the lesson had been about Mesopotamian agriculture and students discussed where their food comes from. When asked to tell what the most important thing she learned today was, one student told me that the most important thing she learned was where canned tuna fish comes from because she never realized it was a fish before. I'm glad I could teach her something...

No comments:

Post a Comment